Support Tutorials, Documentation, and Links
These guides, FAQs, and links cover the most common topics we come across at the MSLN support center. Please mouse-over any link to see a more detailed description. If there is anything you would like to see here, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-Technical Issues for Technical Coordinators
- MSLN Port Guide - Blocked & MSLN specific ports.
- Google Applications Overview - Info about switching to Google Apps for Education.
- Guide to Maintaining a Healthy PC
- Networkmaine - MSLN is a service of Networkmaine (a unit of the University of Maine System System)
- Networkmaine EdgeRouter webpage - Information on the EdgeRouter.
- Networkmaine Joebox webpage - Information on the Networkmaine Joebox, including a user manual.
- MSLN Equipment Photos - Photos of common MSLN equipment, including SmartJacks and Routers.
- http://mail.msln.net - password/forwarding changes & horde webmail.
- Email Client Configuration Guides
- Email FAQ
- How to set up a Spam Filter in Horde
- Email Administrator Guide for Network Management
- Spam assassin tests performed by the filter
Web Filter - OpenDNS
- OpenDNS Guide
- OpenDNS Login
- Introduction to OpenDNS [PDF]
- Introduction to OpenDNS [PPSX]
- OpenDNS conference recording [MPEG4]
- OpenDNS conference recording [WMV]
Connectivity Issues & Slowness
- Remote Assistance Tool
- Circuit Usage Graph Guide - A tutorial on deciphering your circuit usage graphs.
- Circuit Usage Graph list
- MSLN Bandwidth Test
Network Management Tool
Web & Domain Name Hosting
- Hosting a Website on the MSLN Web Server
- Domain Registration and Hosting Guide
- Domain Naming FAQ
- CMS Information and FAQ
- BETA Webhosting Tool
Tandberg Videoconference System
Useful Non-MSLN Links
- DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com - Test if a website is truely down or not.
- WhoIs lookup - Find out who owns a certain domain.
- Maine State Library Homepage
- Internet Traffic Report.com - Check the congestion on the major service providers.
- Internet Health Report - Network metrics for the major service providers.
- ChasMs.com - Chas M's has screecaps for many popular programs to assist in troubleshooting.
* tags were updated on 07/24/15.