Setting up a Spam Filter in Horde
If you are using Horde, and are receiving a lot of emails that we tag as
in the subject line, you can set up a Mail Filter that will stop those emails.
To set up this filter:
- Log into Horde from a web browser (http://mail.msln.net/imp) and put in your User ID and password as usual and hit "Log In".
- Click on the "+" next to "Mail" in the left-hand side of the screen. This should expand a list that includes "Filters", "Compose", "Search", etc.
- Click on the newly exposed "Filters" link under "Mail", and then click the "New Rule" button in the bottom of the screen under "Existing Rules".
- Under "Rule Name" type: "Spam Filter". Next click the "Select a field" list to drop down the list and select "Subject".
- Make sure the next box to the right says "Contains", and type in: "SPAM?" in box next to the "Contains" box.
- Under "Do this:" select "Delete message completely", then hit the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.
That will now delete all email with
SPAM? in the subject line. Be sure to
Purge your email from time to time by clicking the "Purge Deleted" link on the
right side of the screen when you are viewing your inbox. This will prevent you from going
over your storage quota.